Syrae schreef:Wat ik begrijp van diatomeenaarde gebruiken als ontwormingsmiddel Is dat het de larfjes en de volwassen wormen dood, eitjes en de tussenfase hebben een te harde schaal.
Maar goed, het Is een idee, zeker geen met feiten onderbouwde bevinding.
Ik zit nog een beetje te zoeken naar hoe om te gaan met Bolke en kinderen en wormenbesmettingen en ontwormen, vandaar het meelezen en inlezen overal

Het kan geen kwaad om het te geven natuurlijk, maar eerlijk gezegd geloof ik niet zo dat dit spul Franse hartworm larfjes doodt. Mijn "vriend" Shawn (hij is holistisch DA) houdt ook een slag om de arm:
Q. I’m a health fanatic for both myself and my 2-year-old service dog Larkin. I feed him organic dog food and make his treats. I also use diatomaceous earth (human food grade) for internal parasites, and sprinkle it on his coat for fleas and ticks. It works well. I don’t want to give him regular heartworm medicine, as I lost my Boxer from heart issues complicated by heartworm medications. I would like to know if there is a natural alternative.
A. Yours is a question I am commonly asked, as many holistic pet owners prefer not to use any chemicals in or on their pets. While I appreciate your concern, it is important to prevent diseases such as heartworm disease, which afflicts many dogs around the country and is easily prevented.
In doing research for my book, the “Natural Health Bible for Dogs & Cats,” I couldn’t find any natural therapies consistently proven to safely prevent or treat heartworm infection in pets.
Diatomaceous earth can assist in controlling internal parasites, and may also help with fleas and ticks and possibly mosquitoes, which theoretically might reduce the chances of your pet contracting a heartworm infection. However, I would not rely upon it to be 100 percent effective in preventing parasite problems in your dog.
At this time, my best recommendation is for you to use an oral monthly conventional heartworm preventive medication. I do not recommend routinely using the oral or topical conventional chemical flea and tick control products, however. Most pets do not need them throughout the year, there are many natural ways to help control fleas and ticks, and these chemicals tend to persist in pets and in the environment for some time.
Fortunately, the oral heartworm medications only last in your dog’s body for a few days. Due to their monthly dosing schedule, they provide year-round heartworm prevention when given at the correct dosage on a regular basis. Additionally, there is little medication in each flavored tablet.
Until a proven and safe natural prevention becomes available, I highly recommend using the conventional oral monthly heartworm preventives prescribed by your dog’s veterinarian. If you’re lucky enough to live in an area of the country where year-round prevention is not needed, only use the medication for a few months each year, further reducing your dog’s exposure to the medication.
Shawn Messonnier, DVM, is the author of the “Natural Health Bible for Dogs & Cats” (Three Rivers Press, 2001). He also hosts a weekly satellite radio show called Dr. Shawn, The Natural Vet on Martha Stewart Living Radio.